Monday, January 09, 2006

First Holiday to Fiji

Today when I went to pick up my credit card I met two people from tuatua housing I met in my HSC vacation to Fiji. Like the majority of people from labasa they have now migrated to Suva.

As some background myself and my best friend Richard were elected to the Student Council. During the first meeting Richard told the elected representatives that he would be president and I would be the treasurer. As usual no one disagreed with him

So in the final year in High School he was President and I was the treasurer and that was probably the only times besides cadets that we interacted in high school. Another strange part of my life where we were best friends outside of school but not in school

At the end of year instead of giving our speeches we went for a holiday to fiji.

One of our best experiences was with the two gang from tuatua housing. First time we got wasted on kava and another time on a mixture of rum and beer.

My scout leader once told me never to get my ears pierced or tattoos and for some reason that has stayed with me until now. So when need be I have strong will power and during one drinking session our friends from tuatua were saying how we should get tattoos. In fiji at that time there were no tattoo parlours so tattoos were done with pins and ink. Richard ended up getting the name shotgun tattood on his foot. Later on my cousin tattood ratu on his wrist but as my cousin was only in form three he didn’t know what he was doing so it got infected. He used water instead of oil.

Richard was about to go to Duntroon in Canberra for Army officer training He completed a physical before going on holiday and so after the Fiji trip the Army was suprised to see the new markings on his body.

I read that tribal tattoos are all the rage now so I think Richard was one generation to late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



eXTReMe Tracker Fiji blog network