Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Fiji Taxi Drivers.

Before my company gave me the rav4 I used to catch buses and when my salary increased substantially I caught taxis. In Fiji a fifteen minute ride in a taxi will cost around $5.00. So it was always in the range that I thought buying a car wouldn’t be worth it. As purchasing a car at that time was minimum over five-ten thousand dollars

So I caught taxis for around five years. Two days ago I gave my vehicle to one of my staff to travel to Lautoka so I have been getting taxis for the last two days. Problem is some of the vehicles are being repaired and it is hard to find second hand parts for CRV’s.

One thing about Fiji taxi drivers is they like to talk and because I don’t look like a Fijian they say things they would not normally say. So I always had a good take of the pulse of what was happening in Fiji.

As you probably tell by now I don’t have many friends so the only communication that I get was from workmates, taxi drivers and some family members. Today I talked to a guy that has just migrated from Labasa and he had good comments concerning the possibilities of another coup, the next election and what is happening in Fiji.

I really miss my talks with taxi drivers and I have a lot of comments about current political situation in Fiji but cant risk to have those comments on record at this point in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



eXTReMe Tracker Fiji blog network